Monday, August 27, 2018

IKEA's 75th anniversary




I was able to make it to the IKEA opening in Grand Prairie and it's wonderful! The girls love being dropped off for an hour while Geoff and I shop. Theres an awesome ball pit and a TV with cute lounge area not to mention the desserts  in the  cafe! 
I also love that it's only 30min from downtown Fort worth!

If you know me personally you know that I can be found checking out vintage stores or thrift shops on the weekends just to see if I can find that perfect piece of vintage furniture. 
I would have to say that the designs of the 1950’s/1960’s are among my favorite. 
I was contacted by a friend who let me know that IKEA was bringing back some of it’s most popular pieces from decades ago in celebration of it s 75th anniversary! 

The 50’s-60’s collection was released in August and I was lucky enough to get my hands on the Ekenaset armchair.
Out of the package I could see that it was going to be easy to assemble and it was! The armchair comes in a velvet dark gray with solid wood frame and super comfy cushions. Great design, comfort and convenience never goes out of style and is why many love IKEA. 

If you are a lover of the 70’s/80’s you are not going to want to miss the collection coming in October!


















1000 IKEA Way
Grand Prairie, TX 75052


Mon – Sat 10:00am - 9:00pm

Sunday 10:00am - 8:00pm 

Restaurant Hours

Mon – Sat 9:30am- 8:30pm

 Sunday 9:30am - 7:30pm



No comments:

Post a Comment